Are you interested in keeping your roof in good order? Determining the health of your roof is a big part of it, and you’ll find that spotting problems early on can really help lower the cost of repairs over time. So let’s take a closer look at the top 5 things to look for when trying to determine the health of your roof:
- The first thing you can spot right away is whether the roof has any missing elements. Shingles and pieces of flashing that are missing or severely damaged should give you a hint that your roof is not doing too well.
- Check for leaks. A clear sign that your roof needs repairs is that water reaches parts of your attic or your walls during and after a storm.
- How old is your roof? Check for wear and tear due to aging that could include anything from cracked and dented shingles and tiles to constant repair work being needed multiple times a year.
- Consider looking at the gutter system as well. A clogged or damaged gutter system can be an indirect sign of roofing damage. If your gutters have not worked as they should for a while, then you can expect some water damage to have affected your roof.
- Call up your local Springifield roofing contractor for a roof inspection to spot any less visible damage and problems that could be related to the roof’s installation process. Even newer roofs can have a diminished lifespan, if they weren’t set up properly.